Norick (Chris) [Human Fighter]
- The youngest cousin of the family, his journeys have brought him home. He is known to be a skilled swordsman, but what powers are yet to be revealed.
Veylend (Josh) [Half Elven Druid]
- Having spent many months attuning himself to the natural world, Veylend befriended an ancient fey creature of the wilds. Skilled in magic and mysterious skills, Veylend may have secrets he keeps from his cousins, but the power of flight is not one.
Maylo (Frank) [Elven Monk/Cleric of Mystra]
- Forgoing the family’s traditional training in the great sword, Maylo relies on his own brutal hand to hand combat techniques, having great success whenever he remembers the height of his foes.
Thalia (Gabriel) [Half Elven Paladin/Sorcerer]
- A divine source guides this warrior, who is discovering a strange inner power. Is this a gift from his patron, or a temptation he must overcome?
Ioa (Nick) [Pixie Sorcerer]
- Accompanied by a strange but regal companion, Ioa has spent centuries learning the secrets of the untamed world. Her friendship for the wild eyed druid pulled her into
this family’s quest for missing friends.
The party set out from their home town of Oakhurst to locate a group of adventurers from their town who disappeared several weeks ago.
Two human members of that adventuring party were brother and sister, Talgren Hucrele (a fighter) and Sharwyn Hucrele (a wizard). They were part of an important merchant family based in the town of Oakhurst. Kerowyn Hucrele, the matriarch of the family, offers salvage rights to the team if they can find and return with the two lost members of her family—or at least return the gold signet rings worn by the missing brother and sister. She also offers a reward of 125 gp per signet ring, per party member. If the party can bring back the Hucreles in good shape (of good mind and body), she offers to double the reward. The two other missing adventurers are a paladin of Pelor named Sir Braford, and a woodsman named Karakas. Sir Braford carried a magic sword he called Shatterspike.
The party followed the Old Road through the wilderness, and reached a dark ravine with strange, primitive carvings on the remains of the ancient structure. Tracks indicated the missing party had descended, so the party followed them down. On the old stone stairwell, the party was attacked by viscous feral dire rats, which through the efforts of the melee prowess of Maylo, Norick, and Thalia, along with the arcane might of Ioa, they were able to overcome. Veylend discovered a shortcut to the bottom of the stairs, but was protected from the starving creatures by his mysterious wolf companion. The party reached the outer courtyard of the ancient Sunless Citadel, and after After their long journey and daring battle, the party found a secluded alcove where they were able to rest to start early the next day, allowing Veylend to recover from his ordeal.